Branded National Geographic Stores within Australia and New Zealand, and the websites Natgeostore.com.au and Natgeostore.co.nz, are operated under license by Alquemie Lifestyle Apparel Pty Ltd ABN 46 649 060 220
Your privacy is important to us. It is Alquemie Lifestyle Apparel Pty Ltd's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://natgeostore.com.au, and other sites we own and operate. We’ve included a small summary below but if you want to know more, we’ve got the details as well.
Alquemie Lifestyle Apparel Pty Ltd ACN 649 060 220 and its Related Bodies Corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) (“we”, “our” or “us”) recognise the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We do everything we can to maintain that trust. Our team are employed on the basis that they will protect information about you. Your rights to privacy are also protected by the Australian Privacy Principles in force under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). These privacy laws place strict requirements on us to treat certain information collected as confidential, to store your information securely and to allow you easy access to check and correct your information.
At times, we collect personal information in the normal course of providing services for our customers, both, in-store and online across Our Brands (together ‘Services’).
Summary: What we collect and Why we do it
Business, Log and Device Data
Our website has a lot of great features that are intended to give you the best experience possible. We use log, business and device data to maximise this experience and tailor it to each user. We also use this data to help improve our services. It’s how we remember you the next time you want to make a purchase and it’s how we make sure you end up at the right store with the right products. For more information on exactly what we collect and how we will use it, please see below.
Personal Information Promises
- We will only keep personal information for as long as is it is necessary for our purposes.
- We will never sell your personal information to third parties.
- We do not collect sensitive information.
- We will always let you change your mind about what information we collect and process.
- If requested, we will make all reasonable efforts to erase your personal information.
- If requested, we will make all reasonable efforts to provide you with a copy of your information.
- We will always give you the option to “opt out” of direct marketing.
- Where possible, you can choose to be anonymous when dealing with us about a particular matter.
- If we send your personal information overseas, we will take all reasonable steps to make sure that our disclosure and the recipient’s policy will not breach the Australian Privacy Principles.
We promise that your information will only be used to provide our services. Sometimes this will require us to give a third-party personal information, such as when processing a payment through a bank. We take this very seriously and will only provide what is necessary. For more information on what information we keep and how it will be used, please see below.
- Information we collect
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
- Contact details including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number
- Age and/or Date of Birth
- Your credit card or payment details (through our third-party payment processor);
- Business data
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you; and
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information
- Device/Log Data
- This includes browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- We may also collect information about your access and use of our Services, through the use of:
- Internet cookies (see our Cookies policy below),
- communications with our online services,
- the type of browser and operating system you are using as well as the domain name of your Internet service provider; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
- Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information in store and online during the normal course of providing the following Services:
- to process any transactional or ongoing payments;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- for our own record keeping, billing and other administrative purposes;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you; and
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you.
- loyalty programs, membership accounts or newsletter subscriptions
- processing lay-by purchases
- Accepting customer orders
- Registering an online account
- Customer Service lines (including social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram)
- Receiving prize application forms
- Accepting gift voucher payments
- Recording customer accident details
- Processing refunds
- Maintaining detailed information on our websites; and
- Any other time where you may supply personal information to us from time to time.
We will only keep personal information for as long as is it is necessary for our purposes. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
- Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (but not limited to) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or other entities;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel or other relevant businesses.
- our potential or existing agents or business partners
To see how Klarna uses your information (if you choose Klarna as the payment option for your order) - please click here
- Overseas Disclosure of personal information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in Australia, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to overseas third parties.
If we transfer your personal information to an overseas third party who is bound by a legal or other binding scheme to uphold a standard that is substantially similar Australian Privacy Principles (APP), we will confirm that there are mechanisms that you can access to action and/or enforce those protections.
If we transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient that does not comply with the above, we will take such reasonable steps as allowed by the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the APP.
- Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request:
- Details of the personal information that we hold about you;
- A copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- That we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time; and
- That we transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date. It is your responsibility to contact us to update your details.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications) from us, please see us in store or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Alquemie Lifestyle Apparel Pty Ltd ACN 649 060 220
- Business transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
- Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
- Changes to this policy
This policy is effective as of February 1, 2023.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit. Cookies are used to enable certain features (e.g., logging in), to track site usage (eg. analytics), to store your user settings (e.g., time zone, notification preferences), and to personalise your content (e.g., advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as “first-party cookies”, and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (i.e.. third parties) are called “third-party cookies” and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
Types of cookies and how we use them.
Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website.
Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We use performance cookies on our site.
Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and time zone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customised, enhanced or optimised content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We use functionality cookies for selected features on our site.
Targeting/advertising cookies are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. Targeting/advertising cookies set by third-parties may be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service. We use targeting/advertising cookies on our site.
Third-party cookies on our site
Our third-party privacy promise
We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers before enlisting their services to ensure their practices align with ours. We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
How you can control or opt out of cookies
If you browse websites from multiple devices, you may need to update your settings on each individual device.
Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit.
If you have any questions at all, please contact us.